So I couldn’t really think of anything to write today so I decided to just keep it simple this week and go with more of a nonsense post today. Because why not? So here are 10 Random Things About Me.
WARNING: These are not connected and may not make sense. Feels fairly indicative of my mind this week.
1. My current favorite artist is Emeli Sandé. She is amazing and if you don’t know her, open up a new tab and google her.
2. I really want a beagle one day so I can name him Tennant Smith after David Tennant & Matt Smith, my two favorite Doctors.
3. Cheesecake is my favorite desert.
4. A pint of Ben & Jerry’s Half-Baked ice cream is also a good alternative.
5. My go to songwriting tool is actually my iPhone. I have amassed 100s of notes and voice memos that I occasionally refer to when writing.
6. Go to Coffee Order: Latte. Sometimes with vanilla, depends on acidity.
7. There was a time in my life where I wanted to be a stand up comedian. So for a couple of years, I would often tell really bad jokes and laugh at them myself because I thought they were comedy gold. I am now a songwriter.
8. I was a huge nerd as a kid and I loved reading — so much so that when I would have to look up the definitions of the words for my spelling lists, I would take hours because I would just read the dictionary. Then for about 4 years, I carried a portable dictionary in my purse. I’m not even kidding. Oh and I’m still a huge nerd.
9. On the dictionary note, I also used to read the encyclopaedia. And I do occasionally click on the random article link on Wikipedia and read whatever I find.
10. As much as I love studying social media now, I did not actually join any forms of social media until I had finished high school. So I do not have digital records of those awkward middle school years unlike many of my peers. So I got that going for me which is nice.
Anyway, that’s all for now. Thanks for still sticking with me 30 posts later. I promise I’ll try to be a bit more exciting in the next few posts. Once I’ve had sleep.
Peace & Harmonies